REACH is designed to provide students training and experiences that go beyond academics, focusing on work ready soft skills, life skills, and personal character. REACH students experience first hand the necessary workplace skills they will need in a business setting. The goal is to get REACH students excited about potential careers in areas of high need for local businesses. The current focus for REACH skills training are in manufacturing, trades, healthcare and human services.
- Give students first-hand experience of the work environment.
- Provide an opportunity to apply knowledge, skill sets, and techniques that they have gained from the classroom in real life situations.
- Gain work experience in relevant fields.
- Allow students to adapt effectively to future employment.
- Develop characteristics of a good work ethic.
- Expand students’ network of contacts.
- Practice business etiquette.
REACH is a program of the Winona Area Chamber of Commerce Business Education Network, in collaboration with local high schools, Minnesota State College Southeast, Winona State University, Saint Mary’s University, and the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. REACH is made possible through the financial support of these sponsors and donors.